Saturday, September 26, 2009

Campfire-less S'mores


Growing up as a child in California, I have fond memories of camping and most all of them involve making s'mores. Sadly, due to the risk of wildfires in our area, my own children have never roasted a marshmallow for their very own s'more experience.

Last night we said goodbye to summer with a camp out, and although there wasn't a campfire, it just isn't camping to me without s'mores.

I've found a "campfire-less" s'more recipe by Hershey's that is such a crowd pleaser and costs about the same to double (just buy the jumbo Hershey's bar rather than the individuals) that it's become one of my regular, go-to dessert recipes.

By the way, the intermediate rating is inaccurate. This is about as easy to make as it gets.

3 comments:

  1. Look who's back! She's back again! Tip Lady is back....with a brand new tip!
    YUM-a-licious!!!
    Thanks!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got it. I've got a list a mile long to post if only I didn't have another list 2 miles long of other things to do too. Story of all our lives, no?! Thanks for getting me out from under a rock. If you like this one, I've got another dessert tip that's even easier and yummier (if that's possible?).

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I miss this? Yum! Great hair and a happy tummy. Who could ask for more. Will be trying this soon:)

    ReplyDelete