Friday, July 31, 2009

My very favorite brunch recipe

I consider myself a brunch connoisseur. Fresh squeezed orange juice, a hot latte and an ooey gooey meal is my idea of a perfect Saturday morning. In fact, my favorite restaurants are those that close at 3pm focusing solely on brunch items.

I received a text today requesting advice on making this dish, which reminded me of how much I love it! I've never made it for guests without also printing out the recipe for them. For someone like myself whose confidence in the kitchen is lacking, that's saying something. I now stick with proven successes, and this most definitely is one.

Barefoot Contessa's Potato Basil Frittata

I like to serve it with a side of salsa (Green Tomatillo Salsa is particularly tasty with it). If you're going all out, add a parfait bar to the menu: berry fruit salad, yogurt and granola for your guests to make their own. I'm currently loving maple yogurt with maple granola (available at Trader Joe's).

I'll post my second favorite breakfast recipe soon...

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely agree, especially with loving places that focus on brunch - I can do poached eggs and hash browns anytime of day....

    Here's my favorite breakfast related blog.

    Annerliegh
    http://thebreakfastblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete